I’m really interested in space industry. It’s amazing to research another worlds. But I’m not an astronaut. Actually we have so many places in our world that looks like different planet. For instance Boguty mountains with Martian landscapes. I did small step on the ground of those area and felt myself as a Martian…
Have you ever felt a difficulty to get rid of physical things? Maybe you come up many different reasons to keep unnecessary things which you should let them go. About one year ago I realized that problem and I want to share my story with you
– Wardrobe. When I opened my closet I realized that 30% of my clothes didn’t fit me anymore. I didn’t like 60% of my old dress and only 10 percent of my wardrobe was okay for me. I packed almost whole my closet, some part of them I donated and all stuff that remains was sold by me
– Digital stuff. When I pulled a drawer I saw old game consoles from 2000, film camera, feature phones, cables, etc. My father always says “Almost everything can be sold”. Feature phone without battery, film camera, consoles and other digital stuff was sold by me in a short period of time
– Cardboard. Cardboard from things which I bought in the past have been kept under my wardrobe for a long time. I went to local gift wrap company and offered cardboard to them for free. During some times I have been donating boxes and professional gift wrappers create wonderful gift boxes
– Books. Some part of my books were sold and donated to people who really need it
– Toys. All my childhood toys were donated to local volunteering community
When you let unnecessary stuff goes, you feel open for new possibilities and you feel freedom
I think everyone have already heard about phrase “Digital Detox”. One year ago I noticed that I wasted so much time for smartphone and social media. First thing which I did when I waked up was check my social media accounts using smartphone. Every time push notifications in my phone broke my attention and I couldn’t focus on tasks.
I realized that the majority of my communication with people took place through the internet and it was a problem! Everyone who knows me are clearly understand that I like self improvement. When I “catch” a problem in myself I try to solve it.
Half year ago I was involved into my own life challenge. I bought a feature phone (flip phone) with KaiOS (Kaios Technologies) on board and start to use it as my main phone. After half a year of experiment I can tell you about what I learned and how my life was changed:
– More productive work. Push notifications feature is
brilliant but destructive. Right now I check social media in general one
time per day
– Using app only when I need it. When I have to use some apps like smartbank, maps, yandex taxi etc. I take my smartphone and use it for its intended purpose
– Real dialogs and speech. When I start to use feature phone I reduce sending messages. Instead of that I start to voice call and talk with people in that way. Right now real dialogs for me are not a problem
– Social media addiction. Every “like” increase dopamine, which can affected to person and he or she wants more “likes”. Right now I check social media not so often than it was
– Real life. When I stop using smartphone and social media so often I start to live in real life, not virtual one
Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus from theminimalists.com announced experiment “Screenless Saturdays” The main idea of this experiment is avoid all social media, computer screens and glowing screens all day Saturday. It is perfect possibility to start digital detox.
Have a good day
I always wanted to participate in marathon, well dreams come true. Recently (in this spring) I was part of huge city’s event – Almaty Marathon. Despite the fact that I’ve been doing athletics all my childhood – I’m junior in marathon events, that’s because I got involved in to the small distance – 10km to understand what it is and to feel marathon atmosphere
I started to prepare to marathon’s event in advance. Honestly I felt a little bit worry because it’s something new for me at that time
Only one think I can say about that event: It was incredibly magnificent race and I’m pretty satisfied of my results for the first time!
This photo was taken at the finish line of marathon’s route.
A history of 9 months from the application for participation in the “Epam University Program” in the direction of “Java Web Development” to the receipt of the certificate from the “Epam Training Center”. Thank you all very much for your interest and support!